TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF LEASE 2018
1. Check-in is from 17:00.
2. Check-out is before 10:00. In case of late departure Guests will be charged an extra night’s stay at the applicable daily rate of the rental fee.
3. The Property is rented fully furnished and equipped with indoor household appliances and outdoor technical equipment and accessories. Following check-in, Guests have a maximum of 24 hours to report any faults with domestic appliances, furnishings and any and all features of the Property. After the expiry of the 24-hour grace period, a discretionary callout charge of €50, in addition to the cost of material parts and labour, will be charged to the Guest per single visit to the Property for inspecting and rectifying any faults.
4. The Property can accommodate only the maximum number of guests as shown under the Property profile on the immobiliare-lanca.it website and / or as specified in the Seasonal Rental Contract*; this number may not be exceeded at any given time. Guests found to be in breach of this condition will be reported to the relevant Local Authority, which may result in eviction from the Property and forfeiture of the Grand Total of Rental Fee, including the Security Deposit, plus payment of an additional penalty imposed by the relevant Local Authority.
5. The rental fee includes the cost of electricity, gas and water consumption, the Island Security Entrance Cards, one set of bed linen, one set of towels and a one-off initial cleaning of the Property, which includes the cleaning of the private swimming pool / jacuzzi and the maintenance of the private garden. Any additional cleaning requirements, requests for extra bed linen and extra towel sets will be charged to the Guest at the rate specified in Appendix 1 of this Agreement detailed below.
6. The rental fee does not include the local tourist tax and bed linen for sofa beds. Extra bed linen, extra towel sets, golf cars, bicycles, baby beds and baby table seats can be provided upon request at a rate chargeable as specified in Appendix 1 of this Agreement detailed below. Stainless steel barbeque grill inserts or any and all barbeque accessories are no longer offered or provided as part of the service.
7. Booking Deposit: Payment of a Booking Deposit is required to guarantee the reservation, which is equivalent to 30% of the Grand Total of Rental Fee. The Booking Deposit must reach the bank account of Lanca Real Estate, the details of which are indicated in the Seasonal Rental Contract*, within 7 calendar days of written acceptance by email or certified mail of the said contract by the Guest. The reservation is not guaranteed until the Booking Deposit is received, and any delays in payment will risk forfeiture of the Guest’s reservation.
8. Balance Payment: Payment of the Balance of the Grand Total of Rental Fee, including the Security Deposit, the value of which is indicated further down below, must be made by bank transfer or by debit / credit card, and the full aggregate amount must reach the bank account of Lanca Real Estate by no later than 20 calendar days prior to the Guest’s scheduled date of arrival, as indicated in the Seasonal Rental Contract*. The Property Keys and the Island Security Entrance Cards will not be released to the Guest until full payment of the Balance, moreover, any delays in full payment will further risk forfeiture of the Guest’s reservation, including forfeiture of the total value of the Booking Deposit and the value of any pre-booked Extra Services.
9. Cancellation Policy: A percentage of the Booking Deposit will be forfeited, unless a written notice of cancellation is received by Lanca Real Estate within a set number of calendar days before the Guest’s scheduled date of arrival:
- 29 calendar days before arrival – entitles the Guest to a Full Refund of the Booking Deposit;
- 15 calendar days before arrival – 20% of the Booking Deposit Forfeited;
- 14 – 8 calendar days before arrival – 50% of the Booking Deposit Forfeited;
- 7 – 1 calendar days before arrival – 100% of the Booking Deposit Forfeited;
Any notice of cancellation received outside the afore-mentioned Cancellation Policy rules will be deemed unacceptable, meaning that in case of a no-show without an acceptable notice of cancellation the Guest’s debit / credit card or bank account will be fully charged with the Balance of the Grand Total of Rental Fee. In order to mitigate the effects of a possible Deposit Forfeiture / Grand Total of Rental Fee Charge Accrual, Guests would be strongly advised to arrange private travel insurance.
10. Security Deposit: Payment of the Security Deposit together with the Balance Payment must be made by bank transfer or by debit / credit card and must reach the bank account of Lanca Real Estate by no later than 20 calendar days prior to the Guest’s scheduled date of arrival. Any delays in full payment will risk forfeiture of the Guest’s reservation, including forfeiture of the total value of the Booking Deposit. The amount of Security Deposit is €200 for Apartment Reservations, €500 for Villa Reservations, and €1,000 for Super Deluxe Category Villa Reservations. Golf Car Rentals attract a further €200 Golf Car Rental Security Deposit. Lanca Real Estate expressly reserves the right to re-calculate the value of the Security Deposit, depending on the Category of Rental Property in question and subject to any Extra Services requested by the Guest. The rules governing the refund procedure regarding the Security Deposit are as follows:
a) The cost of any type of damage to the Property, including but not limited to all furniture items, indoor household appliances and outdoor technical equipment and accessories, or the cost of replacing any of the afore-mentioned articles, or the cost of replacing any missing items, will be deducted from the Security Deposit;
b) Should Guests leave the accommodation in an unacceptably untidy, unhygienic and unsanitary condition, an additional cleaning fee, as detailed in Appendix 1 of this Agreement, will be deducted from the Security Deposit;
c) The cost of damage to / replacing the Island Security Entrance Cards will be deducted from the Security Deposit;
d) The cost of damage to / replacing the items and all relevant accessories (keys, locks, etc.) listed in Appendix 1 of this Agreement, as detailed below, will be deducted from the Security Deposit;
e) Any remaining amount from the Security Deposit will be refunded to the Guest within 10 working days of their departure;
f) Should the total aggregate cost of damage / replacement / cleaning detailed in sub-paragraphs 10.a, 10.b, 10.c and 10.d exceed the total amount of the Security Deposit, the difference will be charged to the Guest’s debit / credit card or bank account;
g) In accordance with the provisions detailed in sub-paragraphs 10.e and 10.f, in order to facilitate refunds / extra charges for excessive damage, Guests will be required to disclose their valid debit / credit card or bank account details – if not already provided – prior to assuming occupancy of the Property;
h) The cost of bank charges in case of partial refunds and / or extra charges for excessive damage referred to in sub-paragraphs 10.e, 10.f and 10.g are to be borne by the Guest and any such amounts will be deducted from the remaining amount of the Security Deposit / passed on to the Guest accordingly. In case of a full refund, the bank charges will be covered by Lanca Real Estate.
i) Should Lanca Real Estate be unable to recuperate the costs of excessive damage due to missing or incorrectly provided debit / credit card or bank account details of the Guest, Lanca Real Estate is fully entitled to engage the services of an International Debt Collection Agency for the purposes of recuperating the costs of damage in excess of the value of the Security Deposit.
11. Payment Method: Wire transfer bank charges are the Guest’s responsibility. Online reservations made with a debit / credit card attract a 4% card processing fee. Debit / credit card payments made in person attract a 2% card processing fee. Any bank charges levied against Lanca Real Estate for wire transfer or debit / credit card payments will be deducted from the value of the Security Deposit following check-out. Cheque payments are no longer accepted due to strict fraud prevention protocols in force.
12. Pet Policy: Pets are permitted on the sole condition that Guests will ensure to maintain the hygienic sanitary condition of the entire Property, including all its premises, the swimming pool / jacuzzi and the private garden, to optimum standard throughout their stay. Should Guests fail to observe this rule, the total cost of any additional cleaning, as detailed in Appendix 1 of this Agreement, will be deducted from the Security Deposit. In case any or the entire part of the Property, including all its premises, the swimming pool / jacuzzi and the private garden, acquire a condition which amounts to a violation of health and safety regulations and / or as a result of which the Property becomes unfit for human habitation, attributable to the Guest’s failure to observe the conditions of the Pet Policy, Guests will risk forfeiture of the entire amount of the Security Deposit and further risk incurring a penalty imposed by the relevant Local Authority.
13. Internet Connection and SAT TV Reception: Guests are advised that internet connection and / or SAT television reception cannot be guaranteed in circumstances that are beyond the control of Lanca Real Estate, which includes, but is not limited to, adverse weather conditions or internet and / or television service provider system upgrades, or any and all Vis Mayor event. Lanca Real Estate will take no responsibility for any and all service disruption in instances when the aforementioned circumstances prevail. Should Guests insist on a visit to the Property for the purpose of inspecting and rectifying the fault, a discretionary €50 EUR callout charge, plus material and labour costs, as detailed in paragraph 3, will apply. Where it is not indicated that internet connection and / or SAT television reception is a feature of the Rental Property, Lanca Real Estate is under no obligation to provide internet / SAT television service, and takes no responsibility for the provision of any such services thereof.
14. Accidents, Injuries, Loss of or Damage to Personal Property: The Property Owner and / or Lanca Real Estate are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that may occur to Guests or any invited / uninvited third party while on the Property or through the use of the Property’s facilities. The Property Owner and / or Lanca Real Estate are not responsible for any loss of or damage caused to personal belongings or valuables of the Guests or any invited / uninvited third party. By accepting the conditions of this Agreement, it is deemed that Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the Property and its facilities or others whom they invite to use the Property and its facilities. In order to mitigate the effects of any possible accident, injury, loss of or damage to personal property, Guests would be strongly advised to arrange private travel insurance.
15. Vis Mayor: Lanca Real Estate expressly reserves the right to re-calculate the total value of the contract in case of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including Acts of God, natural disaster, industrial action, economic sanctions, government decrees, armed conflict or any other Vis Mayor event. Furthermore, Lanca Real Estate expressly reserves the right to offer Guests alternative accommodation of equal or higher category.
16. Notices: All notices to be given pursuant to this Agreement shall be effective only when made in writing and delivered by hand, email, or mailed by certified mail, return receipt requested. Notices sent via facsimile shall not be deemed effective.
17. Acceptance of the Conditions of the Lease and Local Regulations: The Guest hereby undertakes to observe and comply with the conditions of this Agreement and the regulations currently in force on the Island of Albarella; this obligation applies to all members of the Guest’s party.
18. Binding Effect: This Agreement shall be deemed a contract made under the laws of the Republic of Italy and the actions of both parties shall be governed by and interpreted according to all relevant applicable Italian national and local legislation and all relevant applicable European Union directives currently in force.
19. Competent Court: Any and all disputes and claims arising under this Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Italian courts of law.
20. Data Protection: Pursuant to the provisions of Italian Legislation No 196 dated 30 June 2003, Lanca Real Estate undertakes to handle the personal information provided by the Guest in strict adherence to all principles of integrity, lawfulness, transparency and protection of the Guest’s privacy and related rights, and furthermore undertakes to use such information for no other purpose than to carry out its management duties and in order to comply with tax and other relevant legislative requirements currently in force.
21. Severability: Unenforceability or Invalidity of one or more provisions of this Agreement shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement.
22. *Seasonal Rental Contract: These Terms and Conditions of Lease form an integral part of the Seasonal Rental Contract, and the two documents must be read in conjunction and interpreted together. Written acceptance of the Seasonal Rental Contract Form is mandatory for Guests making reservations via email / in person. The said document is not relevant to Guests making reservations online; Guests making reservations online will be automatically prompted to agree to these Terms and Conditions of Lease electronically prior to submitting their details on the immobiliare-lanca.it website. Without acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Lease either online, by return email or via signature in person, no reservations can be made or guaranteed.
23. Service Charges: Please refer to the Charges for Extra Services section detailed on the following page under Appendix 1.
APPENDIX 1 – CHARGES FOR EXTRA SERVICES:
Extra towel sets: €14 / set
Extra bed linen: €12 / set
Extra cleaning: €120 / unit
4-seater golf car: €350 / week
6-seater golf car: €450 / week
Bicycle: €30 / week
Baby bed: €25 / each
Baby table seat: €10 / each
Callout Charge: €50 / visit
Lanca Real Estate Ltd
Luxury Holiday Rentals